Saturday 21 February 2015

Back to Blog, Back to Reality

It has been over a year since I started my blog and far too long since I wrote an entry but this has given me some time to ponder how the first year has gone and where I need to go now. It is fair to say that I have learned a lot from my first year. Firstly I was concerned that I would not have enough to write about with one subject - I WAS WRONG. I tried to write about film, books, craft, food and exercise oh and Shetland. I discovered two things very quickly. If I had the time to write about everything then I didn't have a lot to say, and if I was busy and had a lot to say then I had no time to write. I also made lots of notes that never quite made it to the blog.

I also discovered the bit I enjoyed writing about most was crafting and from here on in that is what I intend to do. I contemplated deleting the old non-craft posts but decided to leave them. I do not regret my old posts and I am happy for them to exist online but unless I have something non-craft to rave about I will not be writing more of them.

I have learned that I need to write more as I go even if I cannot post them until after the gift has been received. I now intend to write and save and not leave it as long. I now believe, if only for my own organisation, that I need to submit more frequent posts and at more regular intervals.

I am relieved that not many people read my blog at the moment as it has given me chance to find my feet but I do need to promote my blog more and I have plans for that. I have also decided that 2015 will be the year that I try and sell some items at local craft fairs on a very small scale and so I hope to share my experience with that daunting project.

I mostly learned that people love nothing more than a denim whale...

With all this in mind I have a much clearer vision about what I need to be doing and how I am  going to do it. I have also decided that I need to post twice a week and be consistent with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment